Drive Test & Radio Network Optimization
Consistent throughout all our projects, a project management approach in line with PMI’s standards is adopted to deliver the deliverables for the Drive Test (DT) and DT Logs post processing required for the key performance indicators (KPI) management for the networks.
Drive Test Execution Plan
Each drive test assignment will be executed by a team composed of an expert DT engineer, and an expert rigger and a driver with the required test kit and software version. The test kit will be composed of a Laptop with installed RF interface measurement software tool (TEMS Investigation), Test Phones (for long calls and short calls), data card and scanner for ARF CN/SC scanning
Cluster Drive Test
The following methods will be adopted to adequately test each service
- Short Call
- Long call
- PS Packet Call
- Video Call
- Scrambling Codes /BCCH Scanning
Pre-Optimization/Swap Cluster Drive Test
RF Condition of the network such as accessibility - the ability of the various cells to setup calls; mobility – investigation of soft and softer hand over and retainability are carefully observed and Key Radio Parameters such CPICH RSCP, CPICH Ec/No, UE Tx-Power Level are noted throughout the DT exercise. Bad Events suggesting Network
Post-Optimization/Swap Cluster Drive Test
Before the Post-Optimization DT is done the Log files are processed and a deep analysis is done to uncover all issues on the network. Possible network problems such as Pilot Pollution, UL/DL imbalance, Coverage Shadow, Cell Overshooting and Cell Fragmentation, Over-coverage, Network Congestion, (Code Congestion, Channel Element CE Congestion, etc), Transport Link Issue (Iub, Iur etc interface issues), Swap Sectors, Missing Neighbors etc are identified.
Optimization proposal in form of recommendations/adjustment plans are put forward to eliminate or alleviate the network problems. Approved recommendations are implemented and documented.
Cluster Drive Test is carried out and report is presented to ascertain network issues are resolved. If network issues persist, more recommendations are made, implemented and further DT done to confirm Network issues are solved.
- Traffic Analysis
- Quality Analysis
- Frequency Analysis
Drive Test (DT) Data Analysis & Processing
The Drive Test (DT) data results are processed and analyzed for the Network Performance Management (NPM) and Improvement.
The various activities performed by the Data Processing & Analysis team responsible for improving the Quality of Service for the 2G & 3G Network are not limited to:
- Post Processing for the Drive Tests Results
- Extraction and analysis of BSS and NSS Data
- Analysis of the BSS Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Reports
- Frequency Re-planning, Neighbour definition & tuning
- Network Parameters audit, tuning and optimization
- Recommendation release for Network Improvement based on Data Post processing
- Ensure Compliance on the Network Improvement recommendations Implementation
- Publishing the periodic (Weekly/Monthly) Network Performance & Improvement reports
Transmissions Planning & Optimization
- Using state of the art equipment and knowledge base we able to effectively plan and optimize the coverage and capacity of any network.
- Our knowledge base include: PDH, SDH, ADM, W- CDMA & Microwave antenna installation, integration and commissioning.
- RF Optimization: antennae installation, running feeders and accessories, carrying out VSWR tests, changing azimuth and down tilts, power balancing and installation of micro BTS and site audit.
- Radio Network Optimization: Initial optimization testing of installed networks, network parameter settings, optimization and interference, network audit, QoS Analysis, network drive test, call quality test and data analysis, network analysis and fault recovery recommendations.
- System setting and test plan development.
- Initial optimization testing of installed networks.
- Functional testing and optimization for implemented sites.
- Network drive test, call quality test and data analysis.
- Network parameter settings, optimization and interference control.
- Network Audits, QoS Analysis and Benchmarking Services.
- Network problem analysis and fault recovery recommendations
This is the heart beat of ALL our operations as they provide real-time visibility on all activities on the field especially in our maintenance operations. They operate 24/7 and are also available to respond to all enquiries and escalations. State of the art monitoring and communication devices are utilized in this depart to ensure accurate and real-time circulation of information to all relevant stakeholder in a particular project.
Network Operations & Maintenance
We possess world class capability in telecommunications operations and maintenance in both active and passive equipment; this has been achieved through constant training and research & development.
Operation and Maintenance -active
- Preventive and corrective maintenance as defined by the service level agreement (SLA)/ statement of work (SOW).
- BTS Maintenance
- Transmission systems/ Microwave Maintenance
- RF Cables/Waveguides/Connectors
- Antenna Maintenance
- Fiber Management System
- BTS, MW transmission and DC equipment swap and upgrade
- TRX insertion and upgrade to optimize performance
- Operation and Maintenance- passive
- Shelters Maintenance
- Diesel Generator Engine Maintenance
- Lightning Arrester
- PMU (Power Management Unit )
- Aviation Lamp(s)
- Fire Alarm System Maintenance
- AC & DC Power Maintenance
- Electrical Installation Maintenance
- Integrated Panel (ATS/AMF )
- Fire Extinguishers
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
Some of the activities and their functions carried out during maintenance of optical fiber include:
- Patrolling which is aimed at preventing cable disruptions along the optical fiber cable (OFC) routes daily on fixed stretch
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance is carried out as defined by the SLA/SOW
- All fibers are tested for the block sections and reported every month
- Any defects in the fiber or in any of the associated equipment is attended to, in consultation with the Customer at site
- Repeater stations and the optical equipment installed for alarms are monitored
- Breakdown OFC Maintenance includes 24*7 mobilization of equipment and skilled manpower for fault identification and rectification
- Test link attributes like the splice loss/link loss after the rectification of fault are corrected
- Deployment of O&M teams to carry out Splicing and Termination of Optical Fiber Cable
- Corrective Maintenance - Splicing and Termination of Optical Fiber Cable
- Maintenance of OFC routes 24*7 for Routine OFC Maintenance and Breakdown OFC Maintenance
- O&M team has a supervisor, splicer, assistant splicer, patroller and a helper for every range defined by Customer